Everything I know
How I discovered Instagram's upcoming video calling feature on iOS
Reverse Engineering for Beginners
Binary Analysis Platform
- Reverse engineering and program analysis platform that works with binary code and doesn't require the source code.
- Software reverse engineering (SRE) framework created and maintained by the National Security Agency Research Directorate. (
A first look at Ghidra's Debugger - Game Boy Advance Edition (2020)
Binary Analysis Next Generation (BANG)
- Framework for unpacking files (like firmware) recursively and running checks on the unpacked files.
- UNIX-like reverse engineering framework and command-line toolset.
- Fork of the radare2 reverse engineering framework with a focus on usability, working features and code cleanliness. (
- Free and open-source reverse engineering framework powered by radare2.
Reverse Engineering For Beginners (2019)
Reverse engineering course (Focuses on x64 Windows)
Great reverse engineering courses list
Open Security Training Info
RPISEC RE/VR Courses
- Colourful visualization tool for binary files.
- Fast disassembler which is accurate enough for the resulting assembly code to be reassembled.
- Intermediate Representation for Binary analysis and transformation.
- Binary editor written in Go.
Reverse engineering my router's firmware with binwalk (2020)
- Dynamic instrumentation toolkit for developers, reverse-engineers, and security researchers. (
Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering Course
- Disassembly framework with the target of becoming the ultimate disasm engine for binary analysis and reversing in the security community.
Nightmare – Guided Intro to Binary Exploitation/Reverse Engineering
Exploit Development course (2019)
- Learn & practice, core cybersecurity concepts in a hands-on fashion. (
- Library for binary analysis and rewriting in Haskell.
- Curated list of public TEE resources for learning how to reverse-engineer and achieve trusted code execution on ARM devices.
Reverse Engineering Stickies.app
Reversing Firmware With Radare (2019)
Interactive guide to Buffer Overflow exploitation (2019)
- Exploit Development and Reverse Engineering with GDB Made Easy.
Integrate Ghidra's decompiler as an Ida plugin
Solving lagrange reversing challenge with Cutter (2020)
- Powerful static binary rewriting tool.
- Learns to locate functions in raw binaries by extracting known functions from similar binaries.
Pharos Static Binary Analysis Framework
- Demonstration tool that employs several techniques to detect sandboxes and analysis environments in the same way as malware families do.
GEF - GDB Enhanced Features for exploit devs & reversers
- Interactive binary explorer.
Reverse Engineering Snapchat: Obfuscation Techniques (2020)
Reverse-engineering and comparing two Game Boy audio amplifier chips (2020)
Reverse Engineering the Comtech AHA363 PCIe Gzip Accelerator Board (2020)
Why can't decompilers perfectly reconstruct source code? (2020)
Reverse Engineering Starling Bank (Part I): Obfuscation Techniques (2020)
Reverse-engineering the adder inside the Intel 8086
A reverse engineering challenge: an intricate visual pattern in 39 bytes
Hiding messages in x86 binaries using semantic duals (2020)
Reverse Engineering GTA V's Stunt Jump System (2020)
ARM Exploitation Book
Super Mario Bros. 3 in 3 Minutes – World Record Speedrun Explained (2020)
Reverse engineering the Logitech Harmony (2020)
Reverse engineering my cable modem and turning it into an SDR (2020)
- Place to discuss reverse engineering of integrated circuits, silicon die, methods of decapsulating epoxy and delayering polysilicon.
Reverse-Engineering YouTube (2017)
- Speculative disassembly, CFG recovery, and call-graph recovery from stripped binaries.
- Static instrumentation tool for efficient binary-level coverage analysis.
- Reverse Engineering Competition.
Learning Binary Analysis for Debugging and More (2020)
Improve Software Debugging with Binary Analysis (2020)
PCB Reverse Engineering: Eric Schlaepfer (2020)
Chris Domas - Repsych: Psychological Warfare in Reverse Engineering (2015)
Reverse Engineering 101 in 20 min
Visualizing binaries with space-filling curves
Reverse Engineering Bumble’s API (2020)
Reverse Engineering Tutorial
- Comprehensive reverse engineering tutorial covering x86, x64, 32-bit ARM & 64-bit ARM architectures.
- Hex Editor for Reverse Engineers. (
- Dynamic Binary Analysis (DBA) framework.
How I reverse-engineered Google Docs to play back any document's keystrokes (2014)
Reverse-engineering an early calculator chip with four-phase logic (2020)
- Advanced Binary Emulation Framework. (
Reverse Engineering my Christmas Tree (2020)
- Notes on various process injection techniques.
- Open-source Platform for Architecture-Neutral Dynamic Analysis. (
- Code Coverage Explorer for Reverse Engineers.
How I cut GTA Online loading times by 70% (2021)
It Can Happen to You (2021)
Scripts for Hopper Disassembler
- Python Scripts for use with Hopper Disassembler.
Reverse-engineering the standard-cell logic inside a vintage IBM chip (2021)
- Trace Explorer for Reverse Engineers. (
Reverse Engineering an Unknown Microcontroller
- Intro to binary exploitation / reverse engineering course based around ctf challenges.
- Reverse engineering framework in Python.
Pwning Home Router - Linksys WRT54G (2021)
Reverse Engineering the M6 Smart Fitness Bracelet (2021)
Asteria: Deep Learning-based AST-Encoding for Cross-platform Binary Code Similarity Detection (2021)
- Tool for analyzing x86-64 binaries.
Awesome Binary Rewriting
- Fast binary emulation and symbolic execution framework using radare2.
- Graphical tool to visualize binary data.
- Fast and lightweight x86/x86-64 disassembler library. (
- Modern and open-source cross-platform software for chips reverse engineering. (
An opinionated guide on how to reverse engineer software (2021)
List of open source reverse engineering tools with a focus on binary analysis
Binary Reversing Methodologies (2021)
MUI: Visualizing symbolic execution with Manticore and Binary Ninja (2021)
- Binary Analysis Framework in Rust.
- Symbolic Executor over Falcon IL. If it lifts to Falcon IL, it symbolically executes with Finch.
Nintendo Switch reverse engineering attempts