Everything I know
I maintain a big list of apps I use on my system
together with why and how I use them.
is a full list of the apps I have inside my
Nice OSS macOS Swift/ObjC apps
- Modern, native macOS markdown editor.
- Modern macOS markdown editor.
- Displays all open files and sockets in use by all running processes on your system.
- Seamless, automatic, “dotfile” sync to iCloud.
- Free macOS firewall. (
- Watch the latest and greatest conference videos on your Mac.
- Convert videos to high-quality GIFs on your Mac.
- Native source editor for iOS and macOS.
- MacOS menu bar app that gives you more control over Night Shift.
- Easy to use mac osx image editing application, gimp light.
- MacOS/iOS apps to treat ideas as links of concepts.
- Simple global shortcuts in macOS.
- Small utility app for macOS that makes sure you know about all the latest updates to the apps you use.
- Ultra-light MacOS utility that helps hide menu bar icons. (
- RSS reader for macOS and iOS.
- Log keys pressed on macOS. Useful for screen recordings and presentations.
- Move and resize windows on macOS with keyboard shortcuts and snap areas. (
- Make any website your Mac desktop wallpaper.
- Swift window management library for macOS.
- Intelligent adaptive brightness for your external display.
- Appends a visual effect for the focused window changes.
- Lightweight clipboard manager for macOS.
- Inspect the system pasteboards on macOS.
- Vimium for macOS. (
- Link-Layer MAC spoofing GUI for macOS.
- Swift based, real time event viewer for macOS. It utilizes Apple's Endpoint Security Framework.
- macOS utility that helps reduce distraction by dimming your inactive noise.
- macOS HackerNews client that aims to be a Mac-assed Mac app. Written in Swift + AppKit. (
- Simple macOS CLI to connect/disconnect a Bluetooth device. Useful for AirPods or other Bluetooth headphones.
- Programmable tooltip that can be used with any macOS app.
- macOS and iOS application and framework to play with the Apple Push Notification service.
- Simple Stopwatch App for macOS.
- Small utility based on CMIOKit to explore installed CMIO DAL plugins and their properties.
- Display macOS Dock in Touch Bar.
- Missing macOS bluetooth headset battery indicator app.
- General purpose plain-text editor for macOS. Widely known for its live collaboration feature. (
- Nifty RegEx test tool built with SwiftUI.
- Provides Quick Look previews for files that macOS doesn't support out of the box.
- Control your external monitor brightness & volume on your Mac.
- Meetings at a glance from your macOS menu bar.
- Create a custom, lightweight macOS app from a group of websites. (
- macOS application used to auto-annotate landmarks from a video.
- General-purpose Bluetooth Low-Energy utility.
- Tailor your macOS Mojave experience.
- App to count down the days until upcoming milestones. Built to try out the Swift Composable Architecture, SwiftUI and Combine.
- macOS app to convert JSON to Swift structs.
- Simple Timer app for Mac.
- Graphical Mach-O viewer for macOS.
- Clipboard extension app for macOS.
- Windows alt-tab on macOS.
- Menu bar app for your calendar meetings. (
- Scriptable scratchpad for developers. In slow yet steady progress. (
- Volume Booster & Equalizer for Mac and Windows.
- Monitor your Mac's fan speed and CPU/GPU temperature from your Notification Center.
- Basic/Classic Hacker News app, used as a Cocoa & Swift learning platform.
- macOS System-wide Audio Equalizer.
- Side navigation for third-party mice in macOS. (
- Developer Utilities for macOS. (
- Tiny macOS app that can detect the GUI technologies used in other apps.
- macOS system monitor in your menu bar.
- Visualize yabai window stacks on macOS. Works with yabai & hammerspoon.
- Mac app and command-line tool for fiddling with display mirroring: on/off/toggle.
- macOS status monitoring app written in SwiftUI.
- Automatically toggles Bluetooth and Target Display Mode when you connect a Macbook to your iMac via Thunderbolt.
- Open-source keystroke visualizer.
- Screensaver inspired by Apple's Event on October 30, 2018.
- macOS app for monitoring the status of cloud services.
- Mac app that keeps notifications stays right where it should.
- Boot Linux VMs in a single command on macOS using the new Virtualization.framework.
- Menu bar application that lists your iCloud Tabs and Reading List.
- Put anything in your macOS menu bar. (
- Powerful macOS menu bar customization tool.
- macOS system analyzer and cleaner.
- GUI image optimizer for Mac. (
- Open-source colour picker app for macOS. (
- Native macOS Syncthing tray application bundle.
- Modern notes manager for macOS and iOS. (
- Application for Inspecting macOS Installer Packages.
- Capture your Mac’s screen like a pro.
- Simple & fast window switcher for Mac.
- DevDocs API Documentation viewer for macOS.
Finder built in SwiftUI for macOS
- Productivity tool to launch everything. Alfred alternative.
- Daily multiplayer keyboard races for macOS.
- Automatically switch your Mac between light and dark modes based on the ambient light sensor.
- Native SoundCloud app for macOS, written in SwiftUI.
- App for tracking personal Bluetooth devices via Apple's massive Find My network.
- Automate Anything. (
- Tiny macOS process monitor.
- MacOS application to test APIs with HTTP methods (Decluttered Postman).
System Color Picker
- macOS color picker as an app with more features. (
- macOS utility to browse crash logs. (
- Modular API Client for macOS. (
- Easy to use text extraction tool for macOS.
- macOS open source clipboard manager. (
Download Full Installer
- macOS application written in SwiftUI that downloads installer pkgs for the Install macOS Big Sur application.
- Modeless, mouseless Mac OS X note-taking application. (
- MacOS Menu Bar app built with SwiftUI. Can be used as a template project.
- Mac app wrapper for music.youtube.com. (
- Inspect files with a single click. (
Podman for macOS
- Start and stop both the Podman Machine and its running containers.
- Status bar Mac app to overcome time constrained WiFi networks. (
- Mac app for website auditing and crawling. (
- Mac app that sits in your menubar and silently removes tracking parameters from any links you copy. (
- Dedicated outliner for macOS, iPadOS, and iOS.
- Automatically audit your Mac for basic security hygiene.
- macOS app for drawing over the screen.
Ultra for Music
- Music Client for macOS.
Other interesting apps
- MacOS app for customizing which browser to start.
- Custom 'open quickly' window that imitates macOS' Spotlight.
- Turn any web page into a Mac app.
- Screen capture tool. (
- Provides continual protection by monitoring persistence locations.
- Access macOS UI elements with your fingers stay on keyboard. Inspired by vim-easymotion & avy-mode.
- Glyph & Emoji Finder.
- Missing character search for designers, developers and writers.
- macOS app for quick access to WCAG color contrast ratios.
- Allows you to present code in more than 180 languages and 80 themes.
- Cultivate Your Thoughts.
- Find without searching.
- Give your eyes a break.
- Appears when you select text with your mouse on your Mac. (
- Rule based proxy For Mac base on Clash.
- Command launcher.
- Beautiful calculator app for Mac. (
- Download videos from YouTube and hundreds of other websites for offline viewing.
- macOS app that monitors all changes to the file system.
- Application launcher for macOS. (
Irradiated Software macOS apps
- Save your open windows and tabs for later.
- Powerful script management utility. (
- Fully-featured launchd GUI allowing you to create, manage and debug system- and user services on your Mac.
- Fast and native hex editor for macOS.
- Keyboard productivity app for macOS.
- Keep all your apps up-to-date effortlessly.
- Beautiful Instagram experience for your Mac.
- Match Color, Material & Icons.
- Recognize text in your screenshots.
- macOS app to prepare, join and take notes in meetings. (
- Handy emoji picker on macOS, using GPT-3.
- Screen Recordings That Include Your Camera.
- Powerful ASCII art editor designed for the Mac.
- Capture and extract any text from your Mac's screen.
- Control your monitors.
- Visualize Your Keypresses.
- Network Inspector and Logger for Apple Platforms. (
- macOS file archiver. (
Awesome macOS apps
Open Source macOS apps
Hyperlink and Deep Linking URLs
Ship app open source code
- Amazing GitHub native client that was closed down.
Mac Open Web
- Collection of open and indie Mac, iOS, and web apps that help promote the open web. (
- Generate Dash documentation from HTML.
- Tiling window manager for macOS based on binary space partitioning.
3 Advanced Workflows for "Things" Power User
Apps & services (Russian)
List of most "well-crafted" piece of macOS software you use? (2020)
Awesome macOS Software
Distributing Mac apps outside the App Store, a quick start guide (2021)
- Premium software sorted by category.
- Tool to help you get from app to release.
Use Mac APIs and build Mac apps with Go (2021)
The Best Mac Duplicate Finders (2021)
What Makes a Great Mac App? (2021)
- Open source software update framework for macOS. (
- Easy way to release & update indie Mac apps. (
Why we built Bump
- CLI tool that powers the Bump deploy pipeline.
Signing a Mac Application (2015)
Advanced Catalyst Example
- Example of a Catalyst app using a three-column layout, with a primary toolbar.
Amazing macOS apps list (2021)
Dynamic Universal App
- Size efficient alternative to macOS universal binaries.
- macOS virtualization app for M1/Apple Silicon.
Run MacOS Software On Linux Using Darling (2021)
- Powerful multi-tool for working with macOS package files, disk images, and file archives.
macOS Monterey's new network quality tool is surprisingly good (2021)
- macOS Big Sur Adaptive Icon Generator.
Nice OSS macOS Swift/ObjC apps
Other interesting apps