Everything I know
Progressive Web Apps
Content management systems
is great runtime to execute WebAssembly on the server.
- Learn, Teach, Work and Play in the WebAssembly Studio.
- Pack up the wasm and publish it to npm.
Dan Callahan: Practical WebAssembly
- Secure WebAssembly VM catered for decentralized applications.
- High-Performance WebAssembly JIT interpreter. (
- WebAssembly in C.
- Kernel Mode WebAssembly Runtime for Linux.
- TypeScript to WebAssembly compiler. (
- Code size profiler.
- Environment to run and operate functions as a service projects using event sourcing and webassembly under the hood.
- Standalone wasm-only runtime for WebAssembly, using the Cranelift JIT.
- Python WebAssembly runtime powered by Wasmtime. (
Cranelift Code Generator
- Low-level retargetable code generator. It translates a target-independent intermediate representation into executable machine code..
Standardizing WASI: A system interface to run WebAssembly outside the web (2019)
- WebAssembly System Interface. (
- WASI API Bindings for Rust.
- Sandboxing WebAssembly Compiler.
Wasmer is taking WebAssembly beyond the browser (2019)
- Python extension to run WebAssembly binaries.
WebAssembly Micro Runtime
- Standalone WebAssembly (WASM) runtime with a small footprint.
- Native non-web embedding of WebAssembly for Windows/Linux.
Introducing inNative (2019)
- Run WebAssembly Outside The Sandbox at 95% Native Speed.
Compiling C to WebAssembly without Emscripten (2019)
Wasm By Example
- Optimising one-pass streaming compiler for WebAssembly, intended for use in Wasmtime.
Pragmatic compiling of C++ to WebAssembly. A Guide. (2019)
- Your favorite rust -> wasm workflow tool.
- High performance WebAssembly interpreter in C.
WebAssembly Tool Conventions
- Conventions supporting interoperatibility between tools working with WebAssembly.
- CLI for setting up Go WebAssembly frontend app.
- WebAssembly Binary Toolkit.
RustConf 2019 - From Electron, to Wasm, to Rust (Aaand Back to Electron) by Irina Shestak
- WebAssembly Virtual Machine. Uses LLVM to compile WebAssembly code to machine code with close to native performance.
Lobsters: Why WebAssembly is not more mainstream? (2019)
2015 LLVM Developers’ Meeting: Jf Bastien & Dan Gohman “WebAssembly: Here Be Dragons"
TiDB in the Browser: Running a Golang Database on WebAssembly
- Functional programming language that compiles to WebAssembly.
- WASM/WASI sandboxed terminal in the browser.
WebAssembly meetings (VC or in-person), agendas, and notes
- Open source community dedicated to creating secure new software foundations, building on standards such as WebAssembly and WebAssembly System Interface (WASI).
How to create polyglot HTML/JS/WebAssembly module
Patrick Hamann | WebAssembly – To the browser and beyond (2019)
- Game Boy / Game Boy Color Emulator Library, 🎮written for WebAssembly using AssemblyScript.
Awesome WebAssembly Languages
WASM as a Platform for Abstraction (2019)
Making really tiny WebAssembly graphics demos (2019)
- Bare metal physical implementation of WebAssembly. That's right, a WebAssembly CPU.
WebAssembly Beyond the Browser • Dan Callahan (2020)
Debugging Through WebAssembly Is Impossible (2020)
- High performance WebAssembly interpreter written in C. (
Fast, parallel applications with WebAssembly SIMD (2020)
Evolving Wasm into a proper misnomer: Andreas Rossberg (2019)
Actually Using WASM
- Minimal WebAssembly virtual DOM to build C++ SPA (Single page applications).
Firefox's low-latency webassembly compiler (2020)
Bulk Memory Operations Proposal for WebAssembly
- WebAssembly INterpreter written in Rust from scratch with zero dependency.
- Interactive Debugger for WebAssembly.
Run Clang in WebAssembly
- WASI Development Toolchain for C/C++.
- Application deployment system enabling applications to run within Trusted Execution Environments (TEEs) without rewriting for particular platforms or SDKs. (
Technical Introduction to Enarx
What’s in that .wasm? Introducing: wasm-decompile (2020)
First impressions on Rust and Webassembly (2020)
Build your own WebAssembly Compiler (2019)
- WebAssembly runtime written in Swift.
- WASM Virtual Machine for Gophers.
The WebAssembly App Gap (2020)
- Low-level WebAssembly format library.
- Low level tooling for WebAssembly in Rust.
Parcel and Rust: A WASM Romcom (2020)
Generating WebAssembly CPU Profiles in Go (2019)
- Community-driven weekly newsletter about WebAssembly. (
- Experimental compiler from Scheme to WebAssembly.
Rust WebAssembly Workshop
- Progressive WebAssembly app (PWAA) generator for Rust.
- Dynamic, elastically scalable WebAssembly host runtime for securely connecting actors and capability providers. (
Moving from TypeScript to Rust / WebAssembly (2020)
Hunting down a non-determinism-bug in our Rust Wasm build (2020)
Boids in WebAssembly Using Go (2020)
WebAssembly in the Cloud
Single Page Applications using Rust and WASM (2020)
Golang Desktop App with Webview/Lorca, WASM and Bazel (2020)
Bytecode Alliance RFCs
Webassembly Without The Browser (2020)
Everything Old is New Again: Binary Security of WebAssembly (2020)
Hands-on WebAssembly: Try the basics (2020)
WebAssembly Troubles: WebAssembly Is Not a Stack Machine (2020)
- WebAssembly runtime for Python.
WebAssembly C and C++ API
Explorable Programming with Rust and WebAssembly (2020)
- Web app to help reverse engineer WebAssembly binaries.
- Demo shell powered by WebAssembly, WASI, Asyncify and File System Access API.
- Libc for WebAssembly programs built on top of WASI system calls.
Low-Level Academy WebAssembly modules
- Build, bundle & ship your Rust WASM application to the web. (
- Self-generating WebAssembly parser & serializer in Rust. (
Sourcegraph Podcast: Syrus Akbary, founder and CEO of Wasmer (2020)
Go, WebAssembly, HTTP requests and Promises (2020)
- Framework for building serverless applications powered by WebAssembly.
WebAssembly Design Docs
Speed up Python with Rust via WebAssembly
V8 WASM Compilation Pipeline (2020)
- Convenience library for using web sockets in WASM.
Orthogonal Persistence, Webassembly, and Rust (2020)
- Open-source Accessibility Testing Framework.
Debugging WebAssembly with modern tools (2020)
WebAssembly as Meta-Language (2020)
Yo WASM – The Easy Way to WebAssembly (2020)
- High-level AssemblyScript layer for the WebAssembly System Interface (WASI).
- C runtime library (libc) for WebAssembly.
- WebAssembly Pre-Initializer.
Hosting WebAssembly in Swift (2021)
Rust and WebAssembly Book
- Small book describes how to use Rust and WebAssembly together. (
Property-Based Testing of WebAssembly
- Implements a stack-driven generator of arbitrary WebAssembly programs.
WASM to OCI
- Use OCI registries to distribute WASM modules.
A practical guide to WebAssembly memory (2021)
Towards sockets and networking in WebAssembly and WASI (2020)
- Box2D physics engine compiled to WebAssembly. Supports TypeScript and ES modules.
- Import WebAssembly modules that expose the WebAssembly System Interface (WASI).
- Fast, deterministic, and pedantic WebAssembly interpreter written in C++.
WebAssembly in Action Book (2019)
- With examples using C++ and Emscripten. (
WebAssembly WASI Experiments
WAGI: WebAssembly Gateway Interface
WebAssembly Reference Manual
- Embed your Go HTTP handlers in a ServiceWorker (usin WebAssembly) and emulate an HTTP server.
Memory64 Proposal for WebAssembly
Raw WebAssembly Demos
Benchmark of WebAssembly runtimes
WebAssembly Search Tools for Static Sites (2021)
- Visual Studio Code client for the WebAssembly language server.
Effect Handlers Proposal for WebAssembly
- Monorepo for dependency-free WebAssembly projects. Supports browser, web worker and Node.js runtimes.
A Comparison between WebAssembly and RISC-V (2020)
LAM: an actor-model VM for WebAssembly and native (2021)
- Lightweight alternative to the BEAM that runs as Native and WebAssembly binaries, both on WASI-enabled systems and browsers.
- Toy WASM interpreter written in Swift.
Awesome WebAssembly Tools
- Tool to add and verify digital signatures to/from WASM binaries.
- Safe eval library based on WebAssembly and Duktape/QuickJS.
Is WebAssembly magic performance pixie dust? (2021)
- Bundles a Rust WebAssembly frontend application for publishing.
- WebAssembly (aka Wasm) formalization in Coq, based on the official formalization.
Using asynchronous web APIs from WebAssembly (2021)
Learning Web Assembly System Interface (WASI)
- WebAssembly ahead-of-time compiler and runtime. Focuses on generating fast code, simplicity, and portability.
- Run arbitrary WASM/WASI files.
Hit the Ground Running: Wasm Snapshots for Fast Start Up (2021)
- Universal host runtime for actors built with WebAssembly and capability providers. (
Rust WebAssembly React Template
Defense in depth: stopping a Wasm compiler bug before it became a problem (2021)
- High-performance, extensible, and hardware optimized WebAssembly Virtual Machine for cloud, AI, and blockchain applications. (
- Toolchain for WebAssembly.
- Language server implementation for WebAssembly.
Exploiting a zero-day WebAssembly Vulnerability in macOS Safari (2021)
- WebAssembly Module Linker.
- WebAssembly Package Manager.
- WASM interpreter written by rust.
First Steps with Web Assembly (WASM) & Rust (2021)
- WebAssembly runtime for Ruby. (
WebAssembly for Proxies (Go SDK)
Extend your Go app with embedded WebAssembly functions in WasmEdge (2021)
WebAssembly from Scratch: From FizzBuzz to DooM
WasmEdge for Go Package
Using WebAssembly threads from C, C++ and Rust (2021)
- WebAssembly module decoder in C++.
Aggregate streaming data in real-time with WebAssembly (2021)
- Rust wrapper for Wasm3, the fastest WebAssembly interpreter.
- WASI-enabled WebAssembly C/C++ toolchain.
SIMD proposal for WebAssembly
- Adapter for enabling Rayon-based concurrency on the Web with WebAssembly.
- WebAssembly runtime in Zig.
vite + wasm-pack starter
- Run WASM based code executions in the browser easily.
- WebAssembly PaaS. Easiest way to deploy and serve applications compiled to WebAssembly. (
- Swift WebAssembly runtime powered by WAMR.
- Tiny WebAssembly compute module.
- Build web services in an entirely new way with Atmo, our open source framework, to harness the power of cloud native WebAssembly. (
Foundations: Wasm in Golang is fantastic (2021)
- Template project to demonstrate how to run WebAssembly functions as sidecar microservices in dapr.
- Zero-dependency, isomorphic library for emitting WebAssembly.
- Coq mechanization of WebAssembly specification.
WebAssembly Website Code
wasmCloud Host Runtime
- Server process that securely hosts and provides dispatch for actors and capability providers.
How I Failed to Change Wasmer (2021)
- Bindings generator framework for WebAssembly programs and embeddings of WebAssembly.
Multi Memory Proposal for WebAssembly
- WASM Programming Language. (
- Compile C/C++ code with Emscripten in the browser.
- Translate OCaml bytecode to WebAssembly.
- WASM build of C/C++ ZBar barcode scanning library.
- wasm-pack plugin for Vite.
WebAssembly for Proxies (Rust SDK)
Building Rust WASM projects with Nix (2021)
- Bridging between web streams and Rust streams using WebAssembly.
Module Linking proposal
- Proposal for allowing modules to define, import and export modules and instances.
- CLI utility to help you know more about WASM Runtimes.
- Template for kick starting a Rust and WebAssembly project using wasm-pack.
- Run statically-compiled WebAssembly apps on any embedded platform.
WASM Extension Template
- Allows you to generate a "Hello World" web extension running a Rust program compiled to WASM.
- Turn WASI apps into native executables.
Interface Types Proposal for WebAssembly
Rust WASM Virtual Machine
ES Module Integration Proposal for WebAssembly
- Simple compile-to-WebAssembly language. (
Introduction to WebAssembly components (2021)
WASM components example
- Neural Network proposal for WASI.
Tail Call Proposal for WebAssembly
Threads Proposal for WebAssembly
- WebAssembly interpreter written in Scala with the cats library. (
- Translates WebAssembly modules to C.
- Deep dive into the WASM internal structure and behaviour. (
WASM Component Model design and specification
- Native integration of Serde with wasm-bindgen.
WebAssembly Feature Detection
- Small library to detect which features of WebAssembly are supported.
- Java bytecode to WebAssembly compiler.
Envoy WASM with external gRPC server
Shared Channel for WebAssembly
Async Executor for WebAssembly
- C++ WebAssembly assembler.
Faster TypedArrays: Vector Addition in WebAssembly
- Rust compiler toolkit for WebAssembly apps in the WasmEdge Runtime.
Made with WebAssembly
- Showcase of awesome production applications, side projects, and use cases made with WebAssembly. (