Everything I know
I am thinking of starting streaming some of the things I am doing like programming but maybe some other things in the future too.
are great platforms for that.
Here are tools I use for streaming:
for recording my laptop, audio and sometimes the camera.
for installing the audio driver so the stream actually captures the sound from my headphones.
To see Twitch chats in IRC, first
connect to Twitch via IRC
, then join the channel of stream you want (i.e.
99.925% of streamers aren't making a meaningful income. It goes all the way to the top streamers on the platform. 25% of the top 0.1% don't even make minimum wage.
Being a development streamer on Twitch
How I stream myself coding
- Stream live video to 30+ platforms simultaneously for free. (
My Twitch Live Coding Setup by Suz Hinton (2019)
Awesome Developer Streams
- Free and open source streaming software built on OBS and Electron.
Live Streaming Server Setup (2020)
- Tracks your active window and switches OBS scenes accordingly.
- Command-line remote control for OBS.
- Live-streaming delightful events and growing your community online.
How to get started live streaming on Twitch and YouTube (2020)
My Livestreaming Setup (2020)
- All streams in one place.
- Find and chat with streamers who are streaming alone. (
- Media format for recording the process of programming.
OBS (macOS) Virtual Camera
- Creates a virtual webcam device from the output of OBS. Especially useful for streaming smooth, composited video into apps. (
Stream Like a CEO (2020)
Simple Streaming Server
- Instructions for building and operating your own platform for livestreaming.
- Takes the guesswork out of setting up and managing your stream.
- Control OBS from the browser. (
How to Livestream Code and Design on Twitch
My streaming setup (2020)
Tips for setting up remote lessons — 3Blue1Brown (2020)
How to Run a Live Coding Stream on Twitch using OBS (2020)
Automating Promotion for Livestreams
How to Use OBS Studio to Record or Stream Live Presentations (2020)
- Take control over your live stream video by running it yourself. Streaming + chat out of the box. (
- Bring video from your smartphone, computer, or friends directly into your OBS video stream.
- Makes it easy to compose multiple livestreams into a mosaic, with source attributions and audio control.
- Web App for adding an OBS overlay with character information such as name, picture, and health for your favorite role-playing game. (
- Self contained OBS -> FTL -> WebRTC live streaming server. (
Infrastructure for rendering and streaming movies (Kubecon 2019)
- Lets you bring remote video feeds into OBS via WebRTC. (
Code streaming: hundred ounces of nuances (2021)
Guide: Live-Streaming for Performance-Makers (2021)
- Your own movie streaming service. Easy to install, easy to use. (
- Make twitch viewership numbers easily accessible and shareable, with an emphasis on recent data. (
Live stream to multiple platforms with Stream Connect (2021)
- Lonely streams and streamers with zero viewers. (
- Chat client for Twitch.
Illegal streams, decrypting m3u8’s, and building a better stream experience (2018)
2021 Streaming Kit
Visualizing Twitch Communities
- Pure Rust Implementation of RTMP Live Stream Server.
Ask HN: Favorite live coding channels for intermediate/advanced topics? (2021)
- Next generation live streaming platform built by the community, for the community. (
Starting to livestream with OBS
- Real-time audio streaming over the network.
- Interactive live streaming service. (
Virtual Log-Structured Storage for High-Performance Streaming (2021)
- All-batteries included GStreamer WebRTC producer.
- Self-hosted video live streaming app. (
A few things I’ve learned about livestreaming (2020)