I try to be methodical in working and doing things. And I use the best tools and workflows that work for me to achieve my goals.
- Rules - Grounds me into focusing on what I find important in life and cutting out the waste.
- Processes - Streamlines doing some tasks.
- Habits - Habits I am working towards and habits I've learned already.
- VS Code - Main editor. Write mostly Go and TypeScript.
- Sublime Text - GitHub readmes, editing this wiki and quick edits.
- Neovim - Edit my Karabiner config file there.
- 2Do - Personal day-to-day tasks. Every task is actionable.
- Ship - GitHub issues. All issues I want to work on soon are put into Up Next queue and I work through each one, one by one.
- Trello - Public and personal boards used for different projects centered around my one Focus board.
- Fantastical - I plan work for the entire day ahead and my day is primarily guided by the events I create. I use Week view with 5 days from current day shown in the app. This gives me a perspective on what deadlines I have soon to complete and I can adjust my events as necessary and plan accordingly.
- Timing - Track all time I spend there. I automate as much of the tracking as possible so Timing learns from what I do and it's easy to fill out the sections after.
- This wiki - A bunch of markdown files rendered by GitBook and edited with Sublime Text.
- Articles on Medium - Share longer articles on some one topic there. This wiki is a more living and ever changing document.
- SnippetsLab - Snippets of code shared with GitHub Gists.
- Curated lists - Extension to Awesome lists, serves as a way to publically curate valuable links on different topics and search them. Any change I make to the lists are automatially comitted with Hazel.
- Alfred My Mind - All my public facing bookmarks. Searching this wiki here. Searching my articles, my GitHub repos and more.
- Safari - Only contains personal bookmarks I search with Safari Assistant. The rest is publically available and queriable by anyone.
- Pixave - My entire media library of images and GIFs neatly sorted into collections. I post some images from there to my Instagram page.
- Apple Photos - All my personal photographs and images I made.
- Day One - All my private memories lie there. It also gets information from my Instagram/Twitter pages so I have nearly everything stored in one place which makes
On This Dayfeature awesome.
- Looking back - My public log of things I've done and worked on throughout the months with highglights from each month/year.
- Ulysses - Write my Medium articles and edit my wiki from the phone there.