Focusing on the things I need to be doing is quite hard and I am always trying to lure my monkey brain to actually listen to me and not live a life of its own.
Things that help me
- I use this app to block a particular set of websites for 1 hour (website like Hacker News, Reddit).
- And I like to listen to some stimulating music. Lately I have been really liking listening this.
- Working outside from home and changing location often is also something helps me a lot being productive.
- I also realise that multiple monitors is not so helpful for me after all and I am quite productive with just one.
- I also try to live by my calendar. That is I try to assign blocks of time where I work on certain things and actually follow through and work during these time blocks. There is always something useful that I can be doing and I don't want to waste any mental energy choosing what to do in the moment.