I try to be aware of my digital fingerprint on the Internet. Who owns the data I create and the data traces I leave.
- Facebook is not a private nor a secure platform for sharing sensitive information. Every character that you type into their text boxes is immediately parsed and sent to their servers, regardless of whether you actually complete a post and submit it.
- Marketing most importantly is about establishing wants that you didn't have.
- PI-HOLE - Network-wide ad blocking via your own Linux hardware. It doesn’t only hide ads, it blocks the connection between your network and the domains you blacklist completely. You set the IP of your Raspberry Pi running Pihole as your DNS server and that’s it. It comes preconfigured with a lot of blacklisted domains, but there are tons of lists you can add to block even more.
- Privacy Lab: Jay Freeman on "How to Get a Dystopia"
- We are building a dystopia just to make people click on ads
- Monologue of the Algorithm: how Facebook turns users data into its profit
- hosts - Extending and consolidating hosts files from several well-curated sources. Really reccomended to modify hosts file so to block malicous sites and trackers.
- Beyond The Clouds
- A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Cookies
- Why Zuckerberg’s 14-year apology tour hasn’t fixed Facebook