I love listening to podcasts with Overcast especially when commuting or travelling somewhere.
I keep a Trello board of podcasts I am listening and want to listen to.
- A podcast is just people talking. Nothing magical.
- Can use QuickTime to record.
- Great opportunity to meet up with others - makes for a more fun show.
- Since it's a rather new format, there's lots of room for new concepts and new ideas.
- You don't need expensive recording studio. It's just recording conversations.
- Basic audio editing is easy to learn. You can use free tools like GarageBand and Audacity.
- Podcasts are not necessarily live. You can edit out the parts that go off topic.