I 💚 GitHub. It is really one of the best communities out there that exists with so many different projects and ideas being worked on at any given time.
I publish most of my work and make it open source for other people to use and reuse.
Here you can find all the repositories I have shared.
For managing my GitHub issues, I use Ship macOS app.
It allows me to put certain issues into Up Next group as can be seen below:
And then I can go through these issues one by one.
- Selecting some text in a github comment and pressing
rwill make a reply of that text.
- GitHub jump workflow is one of the best things you can install to navigate GitHub like a God.
- I slightly modified it to jump to different parts of the repo with modifiers like going to issues, releases, opening new issue or even cloning the repo instantly.
- I can include media files like GIFs in the repository itself and then just reference them from readme to embed them.
- I can include and mix in HTML in GitHub readme's. This is super useful for embedding images because you can customise
heightvalues to make the READMEs look a lot nice.
- I can tack in various GitHub related templates like
pull_request_template.mdas well as
.githubfolder at the root of my project.