Everything I know
I love keyboards. Specifically I love remapping them with
to extend them to do more awesome things for me.
I am currently using builtin 2020 MacBook keyboard and love it. I love the low key travel as I get tired typing on most mechanical keyboards.
- Helix Split Ortho Keyboard Kit. (
- Ultra-Minimal Mechanical Split Keyboard. (
- Ultra-Slim 65% Wireless Mechanical Keyboard:q.
- Custom keyboard built by
- Beautiful keyboard.
- IMO better than Preonic. Would be even nicer with Kailh switches & it being wireless.
- Parameterized ergonomic keyboard.
- Split keyboard with 3x6 column staggered keys and 3 thumb keys. (
- Ergonomic split mechanical keyboard.
- Compact split ortholinear keyboard. (
- 6×4+4keys column-staggered split keyboard.
- Hand wired ortholinear mechanical keyboard with a firmware in rust.
- E-Ink Keyboard. (
- Fork of the Dactyl, a parameterized, split-hand, concave, columnar, ergonomic keyboard. (
- 36-key ergonomic keyboard.
- Next-generation ergonomic keyboard. (
- Hot-Swappable Low Profile Optical Wireless Mechanical Keyboard.
Ergonomic Ultimate Hacking Keyboard 60
Keyboardio Atreus: yeah or meh? (review)
- Do-It-All Mechanical Macropad.
- 3D-printed keyboard inspired by the DataHand. (
- Three piece split keyboard with macropad running QMK.
ZSA Planck EZ
- Powerful, Backlit, Open-Source, 40% Mechanical Keyboard. (
- 63-key keyboard supports slide potentiometer, rotary encoder and oled screen.
- Split ergo keyboard.
X-Bows with Gateron optical switches
- 64-key split keyboard. (
- Modular keyboards for digital creators.
MiRage Modular Keyboard
Kailh Low Profile Keycaps - Blank
- Low key & awesome.
Kailh BOX Switches
- Brown seem nice.
Gateron Browns low key travel mech switches maybe are nice. Need something low key travel ala macbook.
Fewer keys placed correctly on the keyboard is best.
Keyboard PCB Guide
Cookes and cream Ergodox
- Neat setup.
Multi-purpose keys, and a case for small keyboards
clojure.core/typing - Matt Adereth
- Modeling and 3D printing a keyboard.
What keyboards do you use? Do you program them?
Quick and dirty guide to flashing your Planck Light bootloader
Planck Light review
A Modern Space Cadet
- Mechanical Keyboard Parts and Other Goodies.
- Tools for capturing and analysing keyboard input paired with microphone capture.
Keymap & EN/RU layouts for Levinson 40% split ortholinear keyboard
- Personalize Your Keyboard.
My Corne keyboard (crkbd-classic) - Split, column staggered with 3-thumb keys
Awesome Split Keyboards
Making My Own USB Keyboard From Scratch (2019)
- Advanced keyboard manager.
How to make your C codebase rusty: rewriting keyboard firmware keymap in Rust (2019)
HN: If You Can't Buy the Keyboard You Want, Build It Instead (2019)
- Parametric Mechanical Keycap Library.
- RGB Driver for Linux and macOS.
Weird Keyboards, Programmable Keyboards (2020)
Guidelines for designing a custom Topre keyboard
A New, Experimental User Interface
Keyboard recommendations (2020)
Simple app to make any keyboard bluetooth enabled
- Rust keyboard firmware library.
- Проводник в мир механических клавиатур. (
An unusual keyboard key switch
- High-level Lisp configurator for the ErgoDox EZ keyboard. (
Measuring keyboard-to-photon latency with a light sensor (2020)
Workman Keyboard Layout
- Layout Designed with Hands in Mind. (
Keyboard Switches You've Never Heard of (2020)
Resources for building a keyboard from scratch (2020)
- Modern, open source keyboard firmware. (
- The first and last resource you’ll ever need for mechanical keyboards.
Collection of nice keyboard + photos
Remap Enter to Control in GNU/Linux (2020 Edition)
Keyboardio Atreus Review (2020)
Mechanical Keyboard Build : 5° Acrylic Case + DZ60 PCB (2018)
Split Mechanical Keyboard Build Log (2020)
Model H: IBM Keyboard USB Conversion (2020)
I made a mechanical keyboard with 3d-printed switches (2020)
Механические клавиатуры ресурсы
Toward a more useful keyboard
Art of Chording
- Teach yourself stenography for free. Use steno with Plover to type faster and more ergonomically than on a keyboard. (
- Mechanical Keyboards Store.
Vim-like Layer for Xorg and Wayland (2020)
Nerves-keyboard - Running a mechanical keyboard with Elixir (2020)
Mechanical Keyboard and where to find them
Planck Keyboard Layout Iterations
4x4 Macro Pad (2020)
Down the ergonomic keyboard rabbit hole (2020)
- Minimalistic typing test. (
- App that will teach you how to type fast. The right way.
- Design and test virtual keyboards. (
- Flexible firmware for Arduino-powered keyboards.
Pimp My Microwave
- Installing a RGB mechanical keypad on my microwave. (
Guide to Building a Let's Split Keyboard
- Curated list of Open Source Mechanical Keyboard resources. (
- Minimal composable infrastructure on top of libudev and libevdev. (
Coolest custom mechanical keyboards (2020)
- Organize, learn, and practice keyboard shortcuts.
- Open-source RGB lighting control for keyboards, fans, etc. (
- Key-rebinding daemon for Linux (Wayland/X11/Console).
The Quietest Mechanical Keyboard (2021)
Keyboard Layout Editor
- Web application that enables the editing of keyboard-layouts. (
Hyper and Super on my keyboard? (2019)
Split Keyboards Gallery
Turning a wireless keyboard into a wired keyboard (2021)
How to Delay RSI, by Building a Keyboard (2019)
Lobsters: What keyboard do you use? (2021)
So how does a PS/2 keyboard interface work? (2021)
- Collection of keyboard shortcuts for Mac apps, Windows programs, and websites. (
Ask HN: What's your keyboard and what you love and hate about it? (2021)
Beginner’s guide to mechanical keyboards (2021)
How does a USB keyboard work? (2021)
Nice Keyboard Recs (2021)
- Keyboard input remapper for Linux/Wayland systems.
- Find your perfect keyboard. (
- Key remapping daemon for linux.
- Learn how to build your own mechanical keyboard.
- Chording keyboard you shouldn't be scared of.
A different kind of keyboard (2021)
- Parametric OpenSCAD keycap generator made for generating keycaps of all shapes and sizes (and profiles). (
Why Are Topre Keyboards So Expensive?
Ortholinear flat keyboards
Column Modules for Mechanical Keyboards - The next step for Configure-It-Yourself keyboards
Tisha Talks Switches
How do you use layers on your keyboard? (2021)