One of those things where you know what is right for you but is still often hard to actually follow and do the right thing.
This book contains pretty much all you need to know to get you going with a proper nutrition plan as well why proper nutrition is important. The author also has a website where he blogs about various things nutrition and health.
- Minimize high GI (glycemic index). It spikes blood sugar and insulin.
- Eat many healthy fats. Avocados, Flax seed oil, etc.
- Eat lots of high quality protein.
- The “best” diet is a theme: an emphasis on vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, and plain water for thirst.
- The Last Conversation You’ll Ever Need to Have About Eating Right
- Nutrition Facts - Has bias towards vegan foods. But whole food plant based diet is really the way to go.