This book contains pretty much all you need to know to get you going with a proper nutrition plan as well why proper nutrition is important. The author also has a website where he blogs about various things nutrition and health.
- Minimize high GI (glycemic index). It spikes blood sugar and insulin.
- Eat many healthy fats. Avocados, Flax seed oil, etc.
- Eat lots of high quality protein.
- The “best” diet is a theme: an emphasis on vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, and plain water for thirst.
- The Last Conversation You’ll Ever Need to Have About Eating Right
- Nutrition Facts - Has bias towards vegan foods. But whole food plant based diet is really the way to go.
- Examine - Unbiased source on nutrition and supplements.