I kind of stopped playing games after I got my Mac.
Although I loved spending my time playing Warcraft 3 and its multitude of awesome mods, WOW, Diablo II, Heroes of Might and Magic III, League of Legends and many other ones.
I don't regret the time I spent playing these games and I have learned a lot from them. In some way, my love for optimising and streamlining my workflow has come from these games where you can get immediate reward for things you do and where the rules you have to follow and the end goals you have are more obvious.
- Dune 2000 - Loved this game. Probably the first strategy game I fell in love with.
- Stronghold 2001 - The campaign was super hard and interesting. I loved building little worlds with superficial economies. Was super fun.
- The Curse of Monkey Island - Was fun exploring the game and solving puzzles.
- Diablo II - The first RPG I fell in love with. Many great memories from the game.
- Warcraft III - Probably the best multiplayer game I ever played. The amount of amazing and creative modes that came out of the game's world builder is immense. DOTA came from Warcraft III initially.
- Command & Conquer: Generals
- Cossacks: European Wars
- League of Legends - Speaking of DOTA, whilst I haven't played original DOTA much, I did love League. Have many fond memories of playng with my friends. Many people take the game too seriously and ruin the fun both for themselves and other people but if you play with friends and just have fun, the game is quite amazing.
I track all the games I have played here.
- What game would you describe as a masterpiece?
- What are some games you replay every few years?
- Games where you write code: part I