Best to not ever take opiates if you can avoid it.
- It's physically addictive. That's why it's so hard to get off of. It's not just to get that euphoric feeling because, after a while, it's because you lose dopamine receptors after using heroin, so since you don't get as much dopamine, then you feel like shit, then you flood your dopamine receptors again to not feel like shit, which shuts more of them down, because your brain is like, "Hey I don't need as many of these if I'm getting all this dopamine", until eventually, you have no dopamine receptors and you OD.
- You understand the honeymoon phase, you understand what it's like to have cravings for the opiate effect, but you don't understand how it feels to be doing opiates simply not to get sick, not even getting effects anymore. You'll stop feeling Kratom, you'll try to do 30g at once and simply get sick. You don't understand what physical dependency truly entails, you don't understand what it's like to see your life going down the drain. As someone who's also been addicted to benzos and alcohol, opiate addiction is a lot more twisted, and you don't want to understand.
- That is indeed a great way to try and help you stick to your goal. The thing is people don't realize how quick opiates sneak up on you. It doesn't take long for withdrawals to happen, and although they might not be the worst at first, it's knowing that just one pill will take away all the pain in an instant. It really is a slippery slope. You see to be doing everything you can to not become addicted, so I wish you luck. Just remember, before you know it opiates can turn you into a person you never thought you'd be.
- There is no such thing as ‘happiness’ when you are deep in the grips of opiate addiction. I truly cannot even remember a single time when I actually smiled during the 8 years I was using opiates every day (hydros, then oxy’s, then heroin). Sure, there are those fleeting moments of glee when we are in withdrawal and finally get our hands on the dope that our body is screaming for in the inside, but those moments come and go almost quicker than we can make a reddit post about them.
- When you take opiates you are just borrowing happiness from tomorrow. You will pay for it eventually.