- If you can solve a problem with a simple heuristic, do that. Sometimes you don't need machine learning.
- Data is not always useful and it doesn't matter how much of it you have. There’s no mathematical tool to tell you if your hypothesis is true; you can only see whether it is consistent with the data, and if the data is sparse or unclear, your conclusions are uncertain.
- Some advice for young and aspiring Data Scientists
- A Beginner’s Guide to Data Engineering — Part I
- The Rise of the Data Engineer
- Cookiecutter Data Science - Logical, reasonably standardized, but flexible project structure for doing and sharing data science work.
- Best way to organize research code? (2018)