Chapter 2 - quick start
- init() functions get called before main functions
- all variables in Go are initialized to their zero value
- pointer's zero value is nil
- once the main function returns, the program terminates
- any goroutines that were launched and are still running at this time will also be terminated by the Go run-time
- When you write concurrent programs, it’s best to cleanly terminate any goroutines that were launched prior to letting the main function return.
Chapter 3 - packages
- The convention for naming your package is to use the name of the directory containing it.