I love reading new books and making notes on things I've read and learned from the books I read.
I keep a Trello board of books I am reading and want to read.
I also track the books I have read on Goodreads and below.
I make notes on all the books I have read. Below are the books I have read or started to read sorted by the year I read (or started reading) the books in.
The books with links attached will lead to notes I have made when reading the book. I add emojis to indicate if I read the book or liked it.
- 🌟 = My favourite books.
- 📕 = I finished reading the book.
- ❌ = I didn't finish reading the book.
- Thinking fast and slow - Interesting book so far.
- Go in action ❌
- AI - Modern Approach ❌
- Programming in Haskell ❌
- Surely, you're joking Mr Feynman ❌ - Will finish it soon.
- Mind for Numbers 📕 - Loved the book. It introduced me to ideas on how efficieny in learning actually matters and techniques I can use. Specifically chuncking information and utilising spaced repetition learning.
- Mindstorms ❌
- Rich dad poor dad ❌
- Elements of programming interviews ❌
- Crafting interpreters ❌
- Flowers of Algernon 📕🌟 - Review
- Brave new world ❌
- Cracking the coding interview ❌
- Code: hidden language of software ❌ - Will read it soon. Really awesome book.
- Eloquent ruby ❌
- Confident ruby ❌
- University physics with modern physics ❌ - Will give it a go again.
- Heart of a Dog 📕 - Really liked the depth of characters and the depth of characters. Had a lot of dialogue too which I love.
- You Don't Know JS: Up & Going 📕 - Pretty good intro to JS.
- Logical Reasoning: A First Course ❌ - Had to read it for uni. Hated it and didn't finish. Logic is fascinating though.
- Roadside Picnic 📕 - Was quite a fun read.
- A Thousand Tiny Failures: Memoirs of a Pickup Artist 📕 - Review
- The Master and Margarita 📕🌟 - Review
- The Picture of Dorian Gray 📕🌟 - Loved the book. Specifically the beautiful writing of it by Oscar Wilde.