Everything I know
I find analytics that is not actionable in any way a waste of time. For example, checking the Insights Traffic pane on GitHub on your own repos to see how many people viewed your repo or cloned it.
Well implemented analytics will let you see how to optimize your system to serve some end goals better and for that you need data. As well as know from where the traffic is coming from.
If analytics are used, it's best to implement them server side with something like
so as to not send unnecessary JS to the client and keep pages light.
Just because you can measure quantitative things doesn't mean you can ignore qualitative things.
- Simple, trustworthy website analytics. Built with Go & Preact. (
Best option for GDPR compliance
- Open source alternative to Google Analytics.
- Massively parallel, high performance analytics database that will rapidly devour all of your data.
- Tool for beautiful monitoring and metric analytics & dashboards for Graphite, InfluxDB & Prometheus & More. (
Grafana Backup Tool
- Open source modular framework to build analytical web applications.
- Hassle-free way to integrate analytics into any web application.
- Python library for building robust production-ready data and analytics pipelines. (
- Simple, privacy-friendly alternative to Google Analytics. (
- Easy, open source way for everyone in your company to ask questions and learn from data. (
- Interactively query, visualize, and power data science workflows over billions of records. (
1.1 Billion Taxi Rides using OmniSciDB and a MacBook Pro
- Open source privacy-friendly analytics software. It aims to be reliable, friendly to use and easy to deploy.
- Simple web statistics. No tracking of personal data. (
- Analyze user behavior across your sites and apps. Then send messages and run experiments from what you learned–all in Mixpanel.
What is your preferred web traffic analytics platform? (2020)
- Events & Analytics.
- Platform for collecting, storing and routing customer event data to dozens of tools. (
- Framework for collecting traces and metrics from applications.
- Developer-friendly, open-source product analytics. (
A simple way to get more value from metrics
We ditched Google Analytics for good (2020)
- Lightweight analytics abstraction layer for tracking page views, custom events, & identifying visitors. (
Roll Your Own Analytics
Lightweight alternatives to Google Analytics (2020)
More alternatives to Google Analytics (2020)
Fathom Analytics: Count on it (2020)
Time-based analytics, longitudinal clustering of usage data
Deep Dive Into My Stats Page (2020)
Using event naming conventions to keep analytics data clean
Goodhart's Law and how systems are shaped by the metrics you chase (2020)
- Simple, clean, and privacy-friendly analytics. (
- Visual Web Log Analyzer.
Monitoring your own infrastructure using Grafana, InfluxDB, and CollectD (2020)
- Insanely Fast Analytics.
- Self-hosted open-source alternative to Google Analytics. (
Privacy Focused Analytics From Scratch (2020)
Cloudflare Web Analytics
Big tech finally challenges Fathom Analytics (2020)
- Simple, fast, website analytics alternative to Google Analytics. (
The Analytics That Matter (2020)
The Startup Guide to Analytics
- Self-Hosted Analytics. (
- Self-hosted, Node.js based analytics tool for those who care about privacy. (
- Modern, privacy-friendly, and detailed web analytics that works without cookies or JS.
- Framework of vectorized and distributed data analytics.
AWS Web Analytics
- Privacy-focused alternative to Google Analytics on AWS Pinpoint.
- Analytics for Websites.
- Friendly all-in-one analytics & conversion tool.
Real-time Security Insights: Apache Pinot at Confluera (2020)
Ask HN: How to run analytics on data without access to the data? (2020)
- Distributed Tensorflow, Keras and PyTorch on Apache Spark/Flink & Ray.
How I replaced google analytics on my website (2020)
- Cloud Monitoring as a Service. (
- Fast and privacy-friendly website analytics.
- High-performance open-source monitoring, incident and alert system written in Go with Bazel.
- Analytics dashboard for webmention.io data. (
Why Databricks Is Winning In The Data & Analytics Market (2021)
Minimally Invasive (and More Accurate) Analytics: GoAccess and Athena/SQL (2021)
Google Analytics: Stop feeding the beast (2021)
- Simple and Free Web Analytics. (
- Better monitoring for data teams. (
- Collection of articles and interactive models, to help you understand the metrics that matter to your SaaS business.
- Smarter take on website analytics. (
- Instant analytics reports, on top of Segment.
- Real-Time Data Analytics.
A list of privacy-friendly Google Analytics alternatives (2021)
- Tiny (312B) client-side module for tracking with Google Analytics.
Load-testing my Web Analytics Tool
Tech-savvy audiences block Google Analytics (2021)
Monitor ClickHouse with Prometheus & Grafana (2021)
- Cookie-Free Alternative to Google Analytics.
- Free crypto analytics by and for the community. (
- Web analytics focusing on privacy and simplicity.
- Mobile App Store Marketing Intelligence.
Ask HN: Best alternatives to Google Analytics in 2021?